Thursday, April 10, 2008

Assesment #3

I will again use my analysis paper, because I feel I followed this genre the best. I had a really hard time deciding what to use for this genre, I changed my topic from a book to three fragrance advertisements. I wasn’t much of a challenge to match the genre to the content once I changed my topic. I was having a really hard time trying to analyze the book, but once I switched to the ads, it was a lot easier. I reviewed these ads over and over until I felt I understood what the advertiser was portraying in his ad. I picked out what the message was sending to the audience and the overall appearance of the ad. There wasn’t anything I wasn’t allowed to include due to the genre. This genre made me realized that most advertisers sell appearance in their ads instead of the actual product, in many of the ads you can’t even tell what is being sold.

No comments: